One of the most damning and devastating accusations are sexual misconduct accusations. The consequences are far reaching. A simple accusation can lead to a loss of a job, friends, reputation, freedom, family and more. It is vital for anyone accused of sexual offenses such as rape, indecency with a child, or even indecent exposure to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as they beleive that it is even a possibility.
SEXUAL ABUSE OF A CHILD
AGGRAVATED SEXUAL ASSAULT OF A CHILD
INDECENCY WITH A CHILD
IMPROPER RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN EDUCATOR AND STUDENT
IMPROPER PHOTOGRAPHY OR VISUAL RECORDING
CAN I BE ARRESTED FOR SLEEPING WITH MY GIRLFRIEND THAT IS LESS THAN 17 YEARS OLD?
Yes, technically you are breaking the law sleeping with anyone under the age of seventeen (17). However, the Texas Penal Code provides young people a defense to prosecution as long as all the following are true:
1. the sexual contact was consensual
2. the actor is not more than three years older than the victim
3. was not required to register for life as a sex offender
4. was not a person who had a reportable conviction or adjudication for sexual assault
5. the younger person is fourteen (14) years of age or older
6. the younger person is not a person whom the older person was prohibited from marrying, such as a family member
It is commonly referred to as the Romeo and Juliet exception.
For a free case evaluation or to make an appoinment, please use our convenient CONTACT FORM.
We can be reached at the office during the following hours:
Monday - Friday
08:30 am - 07:00 pm
11:00 am - 03:00 pm
If you do not reach anyone, please leave a message and your call will be returned within the the next business day.